Opportunity: The system of care for those with serious illness is out of control, failing to provide the coordinated, comprehensive, community-based support that people and their family caregivers need. And the number of people needing care in the next decade will only increase -- dramatically. That is why C-TAC set the 2030 Moonshot to galvanize our coalition over the long-term across policy advocacy, public engagement, and workforce reform: 12 million people living with serious illness have a high quality of life.
Goal 1: Fix the Broken System. By 2025 Medicare and Medicaid will implement C-TAC core principles to support the patient and unpaid caregiver throughout the serious illness journey.
- Objective 1.1: By 2025, ensure that Medicare and Medicaid provide expanded funding for a package of community-based services, especially for those most in need.
- Objective 1.2: By 2023, care planning and decision-making is more accessible and equitable
Goal 2: Mobilize the Coalition. C-TAC’s diverse coalition of member organizations and leaders are exemplars of our Mission and influence lawmakers to act on our policy agenda.
- 2.1: By 2025, 80% of the membership strongly advocates changing CMS policy in line with our policy goal.
- 2.2: By 2023, 50% of state coalition partners carry out C-TAC’s national policy agenda at the local level.
Goal 3. Fuel the Mission. C-TAC is funded through a diverse group of funders and members fueling the drive to meet its mission.
- 3.1: By 2025, grow C-TAC annual budget by 30% through grant funding, sponsorship revenue, and membership dues.