- This event has passed.
Webinar – Advance Care Planning in the Age of COVID: Lessons Learned and Policy Implications
July 8 @ 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm
Advance Care Planning (ACP) has never been more important than now. Our recent experience with COVID-19 lays bare ACP gaps and barriers that persist despite many years of promotion of ACP through public and clinical education.
Federal and state regulators have implemented ACP waivers to address some of these concerns, but these waivers are temporary. We will evaluate these temporary waivers and determine where there are remaining gaps and barriers. Please join (virtually) our panel of leading experts as we examine lessons learned from this experience and identify longer-term policy solutions that support quality ACP services for all.
- Stephanie Anderson, DNP, RN, Executive Director, Respecting Choices
- Marilyn J.D. Barnes, MS, MA, MPH, BCC, VP, Mission and Spiritual Care, AdvocateAuroraHealth
- Marian Grant, DNP, ACNP-BC, ACHPN, FPCN, RN, Senior Regulatory Advisor, The Coalition to Transform Advanced Care, Associate Professor, University of Maryland School of Nursing
- Sarah Hooper, J.D., Executive Director, UCSF/UC Hastings Consortium on Law, Science & Health Policy, Adjunct Professor of Law at UC Hastings College of the Law
- Moderator: Shoshana Ungerleider, MD, Founder, End Well Foundation, Physician and Teaching Faculty Member, Sutter Health
We are proud to present this event in collaboration with the Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics at Harvard Law School.