The Blog to Transform Advanced Care
Advancing Care through Innovation, Observation and Collaboration.
C-TAC is excited to share that our 2020 Annual Report is now available, documenting a truly unprecedented year in our history and the serious illness care movement.
As many Americans sheltered in place to avoid exposure to the Coronavirus, we saw the pivotal role that communities play in ensuring that people with serious illness receive the care they need. The year also marked the beginning of a reckoning with long-standing racial disparities in care.
As we move into 2021 and beyond, C-TAC is putting health equity at the center of our work. Our healthcare system does not work unless it works for everyone. We are also committed to supporting and advancing community-based models of care that deliver clinical treatment as well as non-medical services to those who need them most.
2020 Annual Report Highlights:
- Funding two pilot projects to support faith communities in Louisville, KY: Christ Cathedral of Praise and Christ Way Baptist Church. C-TAC organized donation campaigns for food and essential supplies, connected community members with advance care planning resources and more.
- Launching an Equity Taskforce, co-chaired by Rev. Dr. Tyrone Pitts and Rev. Dr. Yvonne Delk, featuring a diverse array of leaders from across our Coalition who are helping us reimagine our Moonshot Goal, of ensuring a high quality of life for 12 million people with serious illness by 2030, with equity in mind.
- Analyzing new regulations and policies released in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all of which have implications for people with serious illness. Many of these measures, including expanded access to telehealth, have long been policy priorities for C-TAC and we are advocating that they be made permanent.
- Welcoming four new members to our Board of Directors: Shirley Roberson, Ravi Parikh, MD, MPP, Meena Seshamani, MD, PhD and Charlotte Yeh, MD. Their unique vantage points on serious illness care will be essential as our Coalition charts a course for the years ahead.
- Hosting our two major annual events, the C-TAC Policy Forum and the National Summit on Advanced Illness Care, virtually for the first time. This format allowed us to reach a wider and more diverse audience than ever before.
We invite you to join us as we continue to work toward our 2030 Moonshot Goal. Check our website regularly throughout the year for updates and to learn how you can get involved.