The Blog to Transform Advanced Care
Advancing Care through Innovation, Observation and Collaboration.
At Honoring Choices Pacific Northwest (PNW), our vision is a future when everyone receives care that honors their values and preferences at the end of life.
Developed as a joint initiative between the Washington State Hospital Association and the Washington State Medical Association, Honoring Choices PNW uses a variety of approaches – from community engagement to physician education to legislative advocacy – to inspire conversations about the care people want at the end of life.
In the past three years, Honoring Choices PNW has:
- Partnered with 51 teams in health care and community organizations;
- Certified over 220 facilitators to have individual and group conversations and 37 instructors to train and mentor those facilitators;
- Documented nearly 4000 conversations;
- Reported inclusion of the health care agent in 49% of individual conversations and 15% of group conversations;
- Been recognized by Respecting Choices as a leader for “excellence and innovation in statewide collaboration.”
We help the public make informed decisions about end of life care; we help organizations discuss, record, and honor end of life choices. Importantly, we are a philanthropic endeavor so all who want to create the future with us, can.